On April 2nd, The California Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) proposed new interpreter fee schedule regulations online. The public may review and comment on the proposed policy. The possible regulations/proposals include:
- An objective, uniform fee structure based on the federal court system.
Higher rates are paid for certified interpreters over provisionally certified, to encourage use of certified interpreters.
- Reduction in double billing fees for multiple interpretations during the same time slot.
- Detailed invoice information and billing codes. The independent bill review procedure will be required to quickly resolve disputes over bill amounts.
- An emphasis on the use of qualified interpreters. Specific documentation of efforts to obtain a certified interpreter is required to ensure that the injured worker is provided with a qualified interpreter.
- Requirements clarifying the selection and arrangement of interpreters.
- New credentialing identification requirements.” (dir.ca.gov)
To view the actual text of the proposals, please see the following link: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/ForumDocs/Interpreter/Text-of-Regulations.pdf
For more information, please visit www.dir.ca.gov.
*The materials provided on this website are for informational purposes only. The materials are not for the purpose of providing legal advice. Please contact your legal counsel to obtain official advice regarding legal matters.