As an injured worker, who pays for my medical care?

So long as you complete a claim form and your physician is informed that your injury is work-related, you should never receive medical bills. Your employer will pay for your medical care (if injury or illness is work-related). Your employer is able to do this through either a workers’ compensation insurance policy or through being self-insured. The claims administrator will pay the actual medical bills.

It is important to note that it is illegal (California Labor Code sec 3751(b)) for any medical provider to bill a worker if they are aware that the injury is work-related or may be work-related.

*The materials provided on this website are for informational purposes only. The materials are not for the purpose of providing legal advice. Please contact your legal counsel to obtain official advice regarding legal matters.

About Desiree Mohazab

Desiree Mohazab, founder of Doc411 (formerly known as California MPN Providers, Inc.) has been in the industry for 22 years. Desiree has a diverse background of experience and has worked with hundreds of doctors and lawyers throughout her career. In 1996, Desiree founded Doc411 from her home - during this time she spent many years going to court hearings and negotiating with attorneys to settle cases, all while managing billing collections. As an entrepreneur with the passion to transform the workers’ compensation and personal injury processes for everyone, she built a network of medical providers for attorneys and their clients. Over its 22 years in business, Doc411 has continued to grow, expanding its services to marketing for all medical providers, pharmacy, and laboratory services. Inspired by her father, a general surgeon and founder of Soraya Hospital in Shiraz, Iran who exhibited great compassion and dedication towards patients, Desiree continues to develop services that provide a better patient and professional experience.